Oct 03, 2023
(60 semester hours minimum)
The business administration degree program seeks to provide the information and understanding necessary for effective leadership and intelligent decision-making. Students completing the degree should be ready to enter a supervisory position in business or industry.
In addition to General Education Outcomes, learners who complete the Business Administration degree will:
- Understand individual business disciplines and their relationship to the world of business
- Realize the importance of and understand the U.S. economic system
- Understand the importance of synergy in and functions of management
- Know the importance of satisfying consumer needs and the central role of marketing in the business process
- Know how to utilize people as an effective resource for management
- Understand the U.S. legal system and those facets of law applicable to the world of business
- Be able to apply computer skills to business
- Understand, create and analyze basic financial statements
- Understand the basic principles of financial analysis and be able to apply these and other basic mathematical calculations to the business world
- Understand the principles of problem solving including creative and critical thinking, and apply these to both business and personal situations so as to be intelligent decision makers, individually and in groups
- Demonstrate elementary proficiency in a foreign language and understand the importance of business globalization
- Appreciate the liberal arts and their relation to the business world.
While students entering the program are not required to have successfully completed the Basic Skills Assessment requirement to enroll in Program Core courses without prerequisites, practice has shown that for success students should first complete the BSA courses or be taking them concurrently with Program Core courses. Students are also recommended to have basic keyboarding skills.
For more information, contact Program Coordinator Jennifer Oliver.
Communication Skills: 6 Credits
Humanities: 6 Credits
- Humanities Elective 1
- Humanities Elective
Math/Science: 6 or 8 Credits
Social Sciences: 9 Credits
Choose one course from the list below:
Program Core/Directed Electives: 15 Credits
BUS/ACC Electives: 12 Credits
Students must take: 12 credits
For this requirement from the following after discussion with advisor 3
Total Program Credits: 60
||The humanities elective is to be chosen from all humanities, excluding writing and communication courses, with a preference for Art courses.
||A survey of History course is recommended.
||Students must take 12 credits for this requirement from the following after discussion with advisor: ACC* 117 , ACC* 123 , ACC* 241 , ACC* 271 , ACC* 272 , BBG* 101 , BBG* 115 , BBG* 230 , BBG* 280 , BBG* 294 , BFN* 201 , BMG* 202 , BMG* 220 , BMK* 201 , CSA* 135