Jan 18, 2020
(60-61 semester hours minimum)
CSCU Pathway Transfer Degrees
Students at QVCC can complete associate degree programs that transfer to all Connecticut State Universities (CSU) and Charter Oak State College offering their major. These are liberal arts and science degrees each focusing on a specific discipline. Upon transfer, students are guaranteed full junior status and can complete a bachelor’s degree in their major without losing any credits or being required to take extra credits beyond the normal bachelor’s degree load.
Students in a CSCU Pathway Transfer Degree will complete the first 60-63 credits at QVCC and the final 60-63 credits at a CSU.
Each pathway spells out the range of course—choices to be made based on intended learning competencies in the core 30 credit framework of a program; a second block of 30 course credits will be chosen based on the expectations of receiving institutions in the CSCU System according to a student’s intended major. Students should work with an advisor at the college to determine their best path of study, as well as to make effective course choices as they progress in their degree.
For further information, visit: http://www.ct.edu/transfer
Section A: Common Designated Competencies
- ENG* 101 Composition (Written Communication I)
- ENG* 101S Composition with Embedded Support (Written Communication I)
- Written Communication II (See TAP Competencies)
- Scientific Reasoning (See TAP Competencies)
- Scientific Knowledge & Understanding (See TAP Competencies)
- Quantitative Reasoning (See TAP Competencies)
- Historical Knowledge & Understanding (See TAP Competencies) (cannot be HIS * 201 or HIS * 202 )
- Social Phenomena (See TAP Competencies)
- Aesthetic Dimensions (See TAP Competencies)
Section B: Campus Designated Competencies
- Competency 1: Oral Communication (See TAP Competencies)
- Competency 2: Critical Analysis & Logical Thinking (See TAP Competencies)
Additional General Education Courses
- General Education Elective I
- General Education Elective II
Major Program Requirements:
Unrestricted Free Electives: 18 (see below)
History Pathway60 Total: 60-61
For more information, contact Professor Jayne Battye.