Oct 21, 2019
(60-61 semester hours minimum)
CSCU Pathway Transfer Degrees
Students at QVCC can complete associate degree programs that transfer to all Connecticut State Universities (CSU) and Charter Oak State College offering their major. These are liberal arts and science degrees each focusing on a specific discipline. Upon transfer, students are guaranteed full junior status and can complete a bachelor’s degree in their major without losing any credits or being required to take extra credits beyond the normal bachelor’s degree load.
Students in a CSCU Pathway Transfer Degree will complete the first 60-63 credits at QVCC and the final 60-63 credits at a CSU.
Each pathway spells out the range of course—choices to be made based on intended learning competencies in the core 30 credit framework of a program; a second block of 30 course credits will be chosen based on the expectations of receiving institutions in the CSCU System according to a student’s intended major. Students should work with an advisor at the college to determine their best path of study, as well as to make effective course choices as they progress in their degree.
For further information, visit: http://www.ct.edu/transfer
Section A: Common Designated Competencies
- ENG* 101 Composition (Written Communication I)
- ENG* 102 Literature & Composition * (Written Communication II*)
- ENG* 110 Introduction to Literature * (Written Communication II*)
- Scientific Reasoning (See TAP Competencies)
- Scientific Knowledge & Understanding (See TAP Competencies)
- Quantitative Reasoning (See TAP Competencies)
- Historical Knowledge & Understanding (See TAP Competencieserstanding)
- Social Phenomena (See TAP Competencies)
- Aesthetic Dimensions (See TAP Competencies)
Section B: Campus Designated Competencies
- Competency 1: Oral Communication (See TAP Competencies)
- Competency 2: Critical Analysis & Logical Thinking (See TAP Competencies)
Additional General Education Courses
- General Education Elective I
- General Education Elective II
Major Program Requirements:
- ENG* XXX World Literature: Western Literature (cannot focus on British or American literature), International Literature, or non-Western Literature
- ENG* 221 American Literature I
- ENG* 231 British Literature I
- ENG* 222 American Literature II
- ENG* 232 British Literature II
Unrestricted Free Electives: 15 (see below)
English Pathway60 Total: 60-61
Please Note: Students should consider beginning or completing work on foreign language requirements not already met in high school and beginning work on minor requirements of some CSUs. They may also complete other General Education requirements CCSU, WCSU, SCSU, and CO- but NOT ECSU.
Also: Pathway30 courses cannot be used to fulfill Framewrok30 requirements; some of these courses may “double-dip” when they are transferred to a CSU or CO.
*Designated courses serve as prerequisites to Pathway30 English courses.
For more information, contact Professor Scott DeShong.