2016-2017 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Business Administration: Health Care Management Option, A.S.
(60 semester hours minimum)
The Health Care Management degree consists of a combination of health care and business courses that will allow students to gain the skills to meet the challenges of today’s health care system. Graduates of this program will be prepared for entry level management positions in various health care facilities. This degree offers a career pathway for graduates from certificates in medical office skills, HIMT: medical coding, phlebotomy, advanced accounting, applied management, and/or advanced management, looking to continue their education.
In addition to General Education Outcomes, learners who complete the Business Administration: Health Care Management degree will:
- Integrate knowledge and acquired skills to function as a competent manager in a health care setting
- Use medical terminology and general business vocabulary specific to the field of health care management
- Identify and address the needs of both the patient and employees in a medical facility
- Utilize his/her attained knowledge of various administrative medical facility procedures, practices, and technologies to complete simulated “real-world” tasks
- Effectively apply relevant management skills in a health care office setting
- Appropriately identify and effectively apply legal and ethical standards of practice
- Understand the principles of problem solving, including creative and critical thinking, and apply them to both business and person situations
For more information, contact Program Coordinators Cheri Goretti or Jennifer Oliver.