(15 semester hours minimum)
The Certificate provides introductory courses to enable students to acquire the necessary skills to successfully enter entry-level management positions in a variety of profit and non-profit organizations. Particular course selection affects position of choice.
Learners who complete the Applied Management Certificate will:
- Understand the individual business disciplines and their relationship to the world of business
- Understand the principles of problem solving including creative and critical thinking, and apply these to both business and personal situations so as to be intelligent decision makers, individually and in groups
- Understand the importance of synergy in and function of management
- Know the importance of satisfying consumer needs and the central role of marketing in the business process
- Understand one other outcome depending on which course is chosen from the Advanced Management Certificate
For more information, contact Program Coordinator Jennifer Oliver.
Becoming Connecticut State Community College
STUDENTS: The Community Colleges will become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to plan your courses accordingly. Click here About the College for more detail about this exciting transition!