Sep 18, 2020  
Student Handbook 2017-2018 
Student Handbook 2017-2018 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Student Affairs

Dean of Academic Affairs & Student Services
The dean of academic affairs & student services oversees both the academic and student services division, including discipline, academic probation, and suspension. The dean’s office is located on the second floor in Room E229. To schedule an appointment, contact the dean’s administrative assistant at 860-932-4121.

Registrar/Student Records/Transcripts
Transcript requests can be made through a student’s my.commnet portal. Both eTranscripts and paper are available. Paper transcripts may take five working days for processing. Official transcripts of college work will be mailed directly to educational institutions or prospective employers upon application to the registrar. Transcripts issued to students are classified ‘unofficial.’ Current students may access their “unofficial” grades and order a transcript on the web at Effective July 1, 2008, there is no charge for official transcripts. We do not accept e-mail or phone requests for transcripts.

Veterans’ Services/OASIS/Veterans Educational Benefits
Veterans, some spouses, and children of deceased or disabled veterans and current members of the Selected Reserves may be eligible for educational benefits. To receive and maintain monthly benefits:

  • Complete the process for enrollment to QVCC.
  • Matriculate into a VA approved program of study.
  • Provide a copy of your DD214 to the veterans’ certifying official at QVCC for a tuition waiver.
  • Provide an official transcript of all previous college credits that apply to your QVCC program of study.
  • Submit a Certificate of Eligibility to the veterans’ certifying official.
  • Meet with an academic advisor each semester to be sure that all courses being registered for are required for your agreed plan of study. Only courses pertaining to the major are certifiable.
  • Bring a signed copy of the program curriculum sheet to the veterans’ certifying official.
  • Register with the veterans’ certifying official each semester to continue benefits.
  • Verify attendance twice per semester by returning Monthly Certification Forms (MCF).
  • Notify the veterans’ certifying official of any change of program or change in credits during the semester.
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress.

Veterans Oasis
Check with our veterans’ certifying official for further information. Updated information regarding educational assistance and benefits can be found on the Internet at